Twelve riders including nine club members have just completed a three-week introductory course in skills training from the coaches with Cycle Fit Bicycle Coaching.
Among the skills practiced were:
- Increasing power and endurance with efficient posture on the bike,
- How to stop quickly and safely in an emergency,
- How to ride faster in a group by staying close and swapping turns,
- How to react safely when making contact with another rider in a group,
- How to avoid crashing when your front wheel contacts the wheel in front,
- How to corner smoothly and efficiently,
- How to effect a track stand,
- How to train to increase speed and power
It is planned to offer the course again later in the year. For Club members the cost of the course is subsidised.
Special thanks to Peter Buggy (coach) and John Arrowsmith for organising and assisting.